Frequently Asked Questions
- 1 I have installed the component but I could not access it on front-end, it gives me 401 error. What am I missing?
- 2 How do I set permission settings?
- 3 Can I set permission settings per user level?
- 4 I have installed the component but the front-end does not look like the demo on corejoomla.com. The links are not working. What am I missing?
- 5 I have installed the CoreJoomla CjLib component, but still could not see the buttons, what am I missing?
- 6 I get Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in components\com_cjlib\framework\geoip.inc on line xxx
I have installed the component but I could not access it on front-end, it gives me 401 error. What am I missing?
You need to set permission settings. All corejoomla components comes with powerful permission settings, which gives you immense control on various functionalities of the component such as component access, create, view, manage etc. The permission settings can be configured on user group level, so you can easily set permissions for your user groups.
How do I set permission settings?
For Joomla 1.5 powered websites, you can find the permissions under Components->COMPONENT_NAME->Configuration->Permission Settings tab.
For Joomla 1.6 and above, you can find them under Components->COMPONENT_NAME->Configuration->Options button on toolbar. Where COMPONENT_NAME is name of the component you are using.
Can I set permission settings per user level?
No. Only user group level permission settings are possible.
All our extensions uses CjLib component, please install it first.
I get Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in components\com_cjlib\framework\geoip.inc on line xxx
The above error occurs when your geoip database is corrupt. Please follow below procedure to restore it manually.
- Download the databases from http://geolite.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoLiteCity.dat.gz
- Extract the file to your local computer and you should get GeoLiteCity.dat upon extraction. If file name is different, rename to GeoLiteCity.dat
- Upload the GeoLiteCity.dat file to media/com_cjlib/geoip/GeoLiteCity.dat on your server
Extracted dat file should be around 17MB in size