Frequently Asked Questions
- 1 I have installed the component but I could not access it on front-end, it gives me 401 error. What am I missing?
- 2 How do I set permission settings?
- 3 Can I set permission settings per user level?
- 4 I have installed the component but the front-end does not look like the demo on corejoomla.com. The links are not working. What am I missing?
- 5 I have installed the CoreJoomla CjLib component, but still could not see the buttons, what am I missing?
- 6 I get no emails from the component for any activity, what is missing?
- 7 I get Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in components\com_cjlib\framework\geoip.inc on line xxx
- 8 My extension could not record country and city information, how do I fix the corrupt GeoIP database?
- 9 I cannot update extension using one-click auto updates. I am getting the error "COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_"
I have installed the component but I could not access it on front-end, it gives me 401 error. What am I missing?
You need to set permission settings. All corejoomla components comes with powerful permission settings, which gives you immense control on various functionalities of the component such as component access, create, view, manage etc. The permission settings can be configured on user group level, so you can easily set permissions for your user groups.
How do I set permission settings?
For Joomla 1.5 powered websites, you can find the permissions under Components->COMPONENT_NAME->Configuration->Permission Settings tab.
For Joomla 1.6 and above, you can find them under Components->COMPONENT_NAME->Configuration->Options button on toolbar. Where COMPONENT_NAME is name of the component you are using.
Can I set permission settings per user level?
No. Only user group level permission settings are possible.
All our extensions uses CjLib component, please install it first.
I get no emails from the component for any activity, what is missing?
Please check the core plugin of the component is enabled. For example, community answers has "Community Answers - Questions" plugin, Community Surveys as "Community Surveys - Surveys" plugin which sends all emails.
I get Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in components\com_cjlib\framework\geoip.inc on line xxx
The above error occurs when your geoip database is corrupt. Please follow below procedure to restore it manually.
- Download the GeoIP City binary database file from maxmind site. (GeoLite2 City - GeoIP2 Binary) https://www.maxmind.com/en/accounts/current/geoip/downloads
- Extract the file to your local computer and you should get GeoLite2-City.mmdb upon extraction. If file name is different, rename to GeoLite2-City.mmdb
- Upload the GeoLite2-City.mmdb file to media/com_cjlib/geoip/GeoLite2-City.mmdb on your server
Extracted data file should be around 36.5 MB in size
Please note that due to change in policies of MaxMind free city database access, you need to create a license key on your MaxMind account page and update it in the CjLib component settings.
- Create license key at https://www.maxmind.com/en/accounts/current/license-key
- Update it in the CjLib component settings. Go to Components -> CjLib API -> Click on Options button on toolbar.
My extension could not record country and city information, how do I fix the corrupt GeoIP database?
- Delete the files in media/com_cjlib/geoip
- Download the GeoLite2 City binary databases from https://www.maxmind.com/en/accounts/current/geoip/downloads to your server
- Extract the file to media/com_cjlib/geoip/GeoLite2-City.mmdb. If the extracted file has different name than GeoLite2-City.mmdb, rename it. The extracted file should be around 37MB.
I cannot update extension using one-click auto updates. I am getting the error "COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_"
Mak sure the following:
- Your downloadid is updated in CjLib component options. If not, you can get your download by logging in at the page https://www.corejoomla.com/forum.html
- plg_installer_cjupdater plugin is enabled.