Getting started guide for Sociable
Introduction and setup
This guide allow you to set up a Sociable extension on your website. Before starting, make sure you have the necessary packages, such as Sociable package and CjLib package, downloaded from the corejoomla.com website. To know more about how to install an extension, please read the following guide:
Sociable comes with many configuration options to customize the look and feel, features support and so on. After installing the extension, go to Components -> Sociable and click on the Options button the toolbar. Now you will be shown with a list of configurable options. Each option is documented on its label for easy reference. Make sure to review all the options and customize them according to your needs.
- Profile: These options allow you to customize how the profile page looks and allow you to enable/disable Sociable core features of profiles.
- List Layouts: These settings apply to the list layouts such as group topics listing etc.
- Media settings: These settings allow you to customize the behavior of user uploads and how the photos/videos are displayed on the wall etc.
- Shared options: These are the common settings that apply to the component.
- Integration: Using these settings, you can integrate the extension with third-party extensions, customize the default layout according to your template's Bootstrap version, customize the color theme, etc.
- Permissions: These are permissions that you can configure to allow your users to authorize the functions available in the component.
In the options page, you can customize the component permissions in the Permissions tab. Every user group has certain permissions that you can allow. For example which user group can create posts etc. Configure the permissions according to your needs.