Overriding CjForum layouts
CjForum comes by default with a couple of themes, one based on Bootstrap v2 and other based on Bootstrap v3. You can override any of these themes to create your own theme.
How to override a theme
To override a theme, copy a theme folder from components/com_cjforum/layouts to /templates/yourtemplatename/html/layouts/. Each theme has set of php files for complete forum pages. Modify the required layout with your changes. Here is the summary of list of layouts which you can override:
- activities_list.php - this is the template file for listing activities
- attachments.php - this is layout file for showing attachments. most of the time you may not need to modify this.
- category_list.php - this is the layout for displaying categories list on the index page
- credits.php - this is the layout file for credits page. please keep the credits unchanged to give us credit.
- footer.php - this is the footer page on the categories/list layouts, shows forum statistics
- header.php - layout to display the header block including the logged in user avatar, login/logout form and shortcut urls.
- online_users.php - display online users statistics above footer
- toolbar.php - layout to show toolbar on top of each page
- topic_list.php - layout to display topics listing
Please note that your override theme folder must contain all the above files even if you are overriding any single layout file.