Setup automatic updates for corejoomla extensions
Setup One-Click Updates
You can now update selected corejoomla extensions automatically within your website just like Joomla update. For this you need to have few prerequisites on your website setup. Follow the below instructions.
- Make sure you have active membership on corejoomla.com for the respective extension.
- Download and install latest version of CjLib package
- Get your downloadid from corejoomla.com, you can find it on forum section, right sidebar.
- The package will install two extensions, CjLib component and plg_installer_cjupdater plugin.
- Now go to Extensions -> Plugins and enable plg_installer_cjupdater plugin
- Go to Components->CjLib Api->Click on Options button on toolbar
- Click on Auto Update tab
- Enter your downloadid and save options
Now you are all set. When an update is available, you will be shown an alert just like any Joomla update and you can update it in one click.
I am getting error "Error updating COM_INSTALLER_TYPE_TYPE_." when trying to update my extension
This error will be shown if you are trying to update a paid extension and your membership is already expired. Other reason could be misconfiguration. Please check above steps carefully.